Internship for international students – Medicine Program
We can ONLY accept applications from students coming from UFSC’s partner institutions. Click here to see the list of partner institutions administered by the Office of International Relations (SINTER).
If you are an undergraduate student interested in applying for an internship at UFSC’s University Hospital (HU), or at another health care unit partnered with UFSC, you should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org containing:
SUBJECT: Solicitação de Estágio no HU/UFSC: AREA OF INTEREST – NAME OF THE STUDENT
BODY OF THE MESSAGE:
- STUDENT’S NAME
- AREA OF INTEREST (check here the available areas)
- REQUESTED INTERNSHIP PERIOD
The following must be attached to the e-mail:
- Application Letter IN PORTUGUESE (signed by the student, containing the internship period (duration and date of beginning and end), the area of interest, and the student’s e-mail address (PDF ONLY). ATTENTION: Priority will be given to requests that fall within UFSC’s medical internship calendar (check the calendar here); *
- Letter of Recommendation signed by the Program Coordinator or the Faculty’s Dean – IN PORTUGUESE OR ENGLISH; (PDF ONLY);
- Transcript of Records; (PDF ONLY);
- Copy of the passport containing the registration number. (PDF ONLY)
* – IF YOU WISH TO APPLY FOR MORE THAN ONE AREA OF INTEREST, YOU MUST SEND A SEPARATE E-MAIL FOR EACH AREA;
* – APPLICATIONS FOR INTERNSHIP IN MORE THAN ONE AREA, TO BE CARRIED OUT IN THE SAME PERIOD, WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. YOU MUST CHOOSE ONLY ONE AREA FOR THE SPECIFIC PERIOD.
Please note that applications for each area may take up to three months to be evaluated. Last-minute applications may not be evaluated in due time.
If there is availability to accept your application, the Program Coordinator will send you a letter of acceptance by email. This letter of acceptance will be needed to obtain the STUDENT VISA at the Brazilian Consulate in the student’s home country and the INSURANCE AGAINST PERSONAL ACCIDENTS, DEATH AND DISABILITY, COVERING REPATRIATION OF REMAINS.
After obtaining the acceptance letter, student visa and insurance, you must contact SINTER at email@example.com to define the date of your presentation BEFORE THE BEGINNING OF THE INTERNSHIP. Upon arrival in Florianópolis, you must go to SINTER’s Office (Rectorate Building 2 – First floor) to complete your registration as a visiting student at UFSC. Only then, you may go to the Medicine Coordination Office to be enrolled and begin the internship activities.
By the end of the academic term, you must hand in at SINTER the “Certidão Negativa de Débito” [Library Clearance Certificate], which is requested at the University Library. Then, SINTER will provide your Transcript of Records (only if your internship grade is registered in the Undergraduate Academic Records System – CAGR) and send it to you and to your home institution by email. You may also collect the transcript from SINTER’s office.
ATTENTION: Applications that do not follow the steps above WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED)